Free WordPress Site Icon (Favicon) Generator
Make Your Website Look More Professional
All fields are required. For help, read the how-to guide below.
- How to use the free WordPress site icon generator
- You can add up to 3 characters: letters (upper and lower case) and numbers.
- For the background and text color, you'll have to add an RGB code (e.g. 255, 255, 255). If you want to generate one, use this tool. If you want to use the primary color of your site, but it's in Hex code (e.g. #DA5B5B), use this tool to convert it to RGB.
- Depending on what and how many characters you add, you'll need a bigger or smaller font size. You can add a number between 135 and 400.
- The Download link might not work on some ancient browser versions, or IE 11, or Opera Mini. So, another way to download the image is to right-click on it and select Save image as...
What Is a WordPress Site Icon
A WordPress Site Icon (also known as "favicon") is an icon associated with your website, kind of like your logo is. But no, a site icon is not a logo.
While your logo appears only on your website, the site icon will appear in different places to help users visually identify your website.
Here are some examples of places where it appears:
- Browser tabs
- Google search results
- App icons on mobile devices
What Should a WordPress Site Icon Contain
The site icon should represent your website, and it normally consists of:
- Letter(s) - If you have a personal blog with your name as the domain name or your logo is only made out of letters (e.g. Kinsta).
- Graphics - When your logo contains an icon, not just letters (e.g. WP Site Icons or Gmail).
Need Something Even More Professional?
Looking for something different than the free generator has to offer? Do you need a different font, or your logo graphics, or a graphics created from scratch? Then get in touch and let me know what you're looking for!
Prices start at 5.99$.Request Custom Icon
What Shouldn't a WordPress Site Icon Contain
Even if WordPress requests a site icon with a size of at least 512x512, it will get drastically scaled-down on most places.
For example, on most browser tabs, the site icon will be downsized to 16x16, which is very small.
Therefore, you need to create a site icon that can be seen clearly in very small sizes.
That's why my free site icon generator for WordPress only allows up to 3 letters and/or numbers.
- A site icon should not contain
- Complex graphics