How to Use the Free WordPress Site Icon Generator
- You can add up to 3 characters without spaces: letters (upper and lower case) and numbers.
- Depending on the font, characters, and number, you'll need a bigger or smaller font size. You can select a size between 115 and 400.
- The Download link might not work on some ancient browser versions, or Internet Explorer 11, or Opera Mini. So, another way to download the image is to right-click on it and select Save image as...
Need Something Different?
Looking for something different than the free WordPress site icon generator has to offer? Do you need a different font or your logo's graphics added? Then, get in touch with me and let me know what you're looking for.
Check My Gig
"Delivered exactly what I wanted and gave me an alternative that was better than what I wanted. Thank you!"
What Is a WordPress Site Icon
A WordPress Site Icon (also known as "favicon") is a 512x512 icon associated with your website, kind of like your logo is. But no, a site icon is not a logo.
While your logo appears only on your website, the site icon will appear in different places to help users visually identify your website.
Here are some examples of places where it appears:
- Browser tabs
- Google search results
- App icons on mobile devices
What Should a WordPress Site Icon Contain
The WordPress site icon should represent your website, and it normally consists of:
- Text - If you have a personal blog with your name as the domain name, or your logo is only made out of letters (e.g. Kinsta).
- Graphics - When your logo contains an icon, not just letters (e.g. WP Site Icons or Gmail).
What Shouldn't a WordPress Site Icon Contain
Even if WordPress requests a site icon with a size of at least 512x512, it will get drastically scaled-down in most places.
For example, on most browser tabs, the site icon will be downsized to 16x16, which is very small.
Therefore, you need to create a site icon that can be seen clearly in very small sizes.
That's why my free site icon generator for WordPress only allows up to 3 letters and/or numbers.
- Complex graphics